Monday, November 21, 2011

Games and School

Hey people like people who are reading this,



Just an update so um... lets see....

I finished Uncharted 3, Assassins Creed Revelations and etc. That was fun.

Uncharted 3 was a great game but unfortunately doesn't live up to the last one. The story and pacing in Among Thieves was much better. It's not hard to compare the two and in my opinion Among Thieves was the best of the trilogy. Not saying Drakes Deception was bad I'm just getting the feeling that the series might be becoming stagnant. There isn't anything particularly new in this adventure other than the locals. I mean the new thing in Among Thieves was the different locations and expanded story which Drakes Deception copied instead of building on it.

Anyway Assassins Creed Revelations. I liked it. Mostly because we get to see the whole life of such an interesting character. We got to live the life of Ezio and see the end of his journey which isn't something games are willing to do. One of my favorite things is to either know what happens next or to get a nice ending,and Revelations delivered narratively on both. We get to see the end of not only Ezio, but Altair (from Assassins Creed 1) end as well as open the story for a sequel. Not many games can do that narratively. I don't think we'll ever see Nathan Drake get old, and seeing it makes the characters in Assassins Creed more relatable in that respect. Gameplay it was more of the same, which is fine in this series since this game was primarily meant to fill in story gaps. Still fun. though the tower defense parts were kinda annoying. For a series that is all about running around a climbing having that really messed up the feel.

Right, School. Been busy. Got lots of work to do. In fact I should be doing it now but oh well. I'm heading to Gamercamp this weekend so that should be interesting. Works going to pile on at the end of the term, which is gonna suck but I'm trying to get ahead. Need to finish a short story outline tonight (cross my fingers).

That's it. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment